FAQ: Are Medical Malpractice Cases Common?
Due to the fact that medical errors are very common and happen every day, many patients or their loved ones might wonder if they are a victim of medical malpractice. However, according to medical malpractice Attorney Ryan A. Prochaska of PHP Law Firm in Wichita, Kansas, “Actual medical malpractice cases are very rare.”
What, then, is medical malpractice? Medical malpractice is when a health care provider fails to deliver the “standard of care” and it results in harm, injury or even death. The “standard of care” is based on the rigorous education and training health care providers receive— truly the basis from which they determine how to treat various signs, symptoms and patient histories. Simply put, the “standard of care” is what a reasonable health care provider would do given the same or a similar situation.
Although medical malpractice cases are rare, when medical malpractice does occur, the consequences can be very serious and even deadly. In fact, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), medical negligence is the third leading cause of death in the United States.
How Our Wichita Medical Malpractice Attorneys Can Help
If you or a loved one has had a bad medical outcome or even death and suspect medical malpractice, it’s important to immediately contact a medical malpractice attorney like Prochaska. The process of investigating a medical malpractice case is extensive. Our team at PHP Law Firm will:
- Meet with you to get your story.
- Gather both past and present medical provider information.
- Interview friends and family members who have relevant information.
- Review medical research that is relevant to the case.
- Review the medical records we receive.
- Put together a highly detailed, chronological timeline of what occurred.
- Share all the information we have gathered with expert witnesses, who are highly qualified individuals specializing in the specific field or fields related to the case.
- If the expert witnesses think medical malpractice occurred, we may proceed with a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Contact Our Wichita Medical Malpractice Team Today
The PHP Law Firm team of medical malpractice attorneys specialize in cases just like yours, and we’re licensed to work in numerous states. We offer free consultations and because our main goal is securing your future, we do not charge a cent unless we win compensation for you.
Contact us directly at (316) 683-9080 to schedule a free medical malpractice consultation. Remember, there are never any fees unless you win compensation!