Kansas Medical Malpractice Attorneys Specializing in Brain Injury Cases
There are many causes of brain injury, including trauma, heart attack, stroke, auto accidents, toxic exposure and many others. However, when a brain injury is caused by a negligent physician, it is another situation entirely. It is your healthcare provider’s responsibility to keep you safe from malpractice.
Medical malpractice regarding brain injury can happen in two different ways. The first instance is when you have already been the victim of a brain injury and your physician (or healthcare provider) fails to diagnose and/or treat you properly. The healthcare provider may not be qualified or trained in diagnosing a brain injury. If they misdiagnose your injury, then you will receive the wrong treatments that will ultimately jeopardize your health and even your life.
The second type of medical malpractice is when a physician’s negligence causes your brain injury. This can happen in a variety of ways:
- Administering the wrong dosage or combination of drugs
- Administering drugs that you are allergic to
- Failing to consider brain injury in diagnosis and ignoring the warning signs
- Surgery procedures done incorrectly
- Failing to deliver a baby that is stuck in the birth canal
- Airway obstruction
Causes of medical negligence can be:
- Failure to recognize warning signs of a possible brain injury
- Inexperience in diagnosing or treating certain illnesses
- Understaffed hospitals
- Unpreparedness in treating an illness
- Unpreparedness in delivering an urgent birth
- Inability to carry out the proper actions to keep a patient safe
Whatever the reason, there is no excuse for negligence from a healthcare provider. As a patient in need, you put your trust in the their care to treat you promptly and correctly.
If you or your loved one has suffered a brain injury due to your healthcare provider’s negligence, please contact one of the skilled medical malpractice attorneys at Prochaska, Howell & Prochaska LLC for your free consultation. We are experienced in handling brain injury medical malpractice cases and can help you seek the justice you deserve.